How do I take a Partial Payment?
If a customer owes your establishment a certain amount of money but can only pay part now and will pay the rest later, you will have to put the member into collections for that remaining amount. The instructions below are assuming that you are on the Checkout screen of the Payments and Product Sales section of the iGoFigure Software. To take a partial payment, follow the steps below:
- From the Checkout screen, first choose the payment method for which your customer will make the partial payment.
- For example: If the Cash button is pressed, a Cash amount of "$.00" appears under Payment Method.
- Let us say that $50 is due and the customer only has $25. Change the "$.00" to reflect the "$25.00" cash received from the customer.
- You will notice now that the Amount Due is "$50.00," the Amount Paid is "$25.00," and the Balance is "($25.00)" and when a number is in ()'s, this number is considered negative. So, we see that $25.00 is still due.
- Now, click on Customer Acct. and it will show up under Payment Method for "$.00."
Note: If you choose Customer Acct. as a Payment Method, it will take money off the Customer Acct. thus placing them into Collections for that amount.
- Still using our example above, we would change the "$.00" for the Customer Acct. to "$25.00."
- You should now see the original Amount Due of $50, the Amount Paid is now also $50, and the Balance is now $0.00.
Note: If the Balance is not $0.00, make sure every step above was followed before continuing to the next step.
- Select the Sales Person in the upper-right corner of the screen and click Next.
- A Customer Account Due Date pop-up window appears. Select the Date from the calendar that your customer will pay the Balance and click OK
- You are now done. You can Print the receipt or go Back To List when finished.