How do I handle an archived member that wants to rejoin?
First, you will have to reactivate the archived member record. Click on the related FAQ "How do I Reactivate an Archived Member?" for more information on how to accomplish this. Once you have reactivated the archived member, you will have two options depending on if you are charging a sign-up fee or not. Follow the steps below for the option that will work best for you:
New Sign-up Fee:
- From the Main Menu, click on New Member.
- In the New Member Agreement Setup window, choose to assign a membership to An Existing Member and click Next.
- Select the member you wish to reactivate.
- The Member Membership pop-up window shows all the memberships already associated with this Member Record. Click Yes to recreate or add another membership.
- This brings us to the New Membership Wizard. Continue through the wizard to fill out and/or verify the necessary information.
- You can click Next to go to the next screen or Back to go to the previous screen.
- Once you arrive at the Initial Payment screen, it should show the default Sign-Up Fee and Dues Paid at Sign-Up for the membership type you selected earlier.
- Make sure the payment amounts are correct before you continue as it can not be changed once the New Membership Wizard is complete and you are taken to Checkout in the Payments and Product Sales.
- Complete the transaction for the dues paid at sign-up.
No Sign-up Fee:
- From the Main Menu, click on Member Records.
- Select the member that you wish to reactivate.
- On the General tab of the Member Record, in the green box below labeled Memberships, click on the membership you wish to reactivate.
- In the Membership Details pop-up window, click Edit Membership in the lower-right.
- In the upper-left, click on the pull-down menu for Membership Status and select Active.
- Edit the Next Payment Date and Contract End Date.
- Click OK and Save.